Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Meet Miss Erin



Miss Erin
 Hello Everyone! Some of you know me, and maybe even got a letter from me earlier this year, but because you are leaving me in charge of your precious little ones I thought you would like to know more about me.
 I come from Buffalo, New York. I went to a performing arts high school where I studied acting and voice. I wanted to be an actress and a singer since I was very little. I started working with young children while I was in highschool. I went to college for video production, because I loved television. I continued to work at my camp and after school program on breaks from school.
 When I graduated from college I worked for various organizations all within the child care and theater communities. (I've never held a job in video production) Aside from being an infant and toddler teacher, I was also a very active drama teacher and started several theater education programs in and around the city of Buffalo. I got a job as a preschool teacher/site director and began acting professionally with the theater company that produced Tony and Tina's Wedding in Buffalo (Yes, I did get to play the bride, I was her understudy ;-)) at this time I also met my husband and decided to get a second bachlor's degree in Theater. After this, we decided to move to Chicago.
 From the day I got to Chicago, aside from performing in Tony and Tina's Wedding with the Chicago company,  I started working with children through the YMCA and a perfoming arts school called Stage Coach, in Hinsdale. since then I've held a variety of creative part time early childhood jobs including: Preschool Computer Teacher, Arts Program Creative Director, Special Education Paraprofessional, Early Childhood Music (mommy and me) Teacher, Pre-school prep/seperation teacher and of course Drama Teacher. I loved it so much I finally decided to pursue a masters degree in early childhood education. I recently recieved this degree as well as my teaching certification from DePaul University.
 So, why am I here? I wanted a job where I could create as well as teach. Where I could have the freedom to use my knowledge and talents to create an ideal environment for children and their families. I also truly enjoyed my experiences creating and directing programs. Now I have a job where I can act and sing and dance and be silly. I also have a job where I feel valued and important. I feel like every decision I make matters. I realize how rare this is and feel very lucky to be a part of your lives as well as the Elmhurst College Family. This is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment